Monday, 28 February 2011

The St Andrews Charity Fashion Show 2011




One of the male models sporting a cheeky Trekstock T-shirt

Videos of the night ... coming soon.!

Last night I arrived home after an epic 8 hour train journey from Leuchers in Scotland. The first hour I had found myself forced to stand and sandwiched between rowdy rugby supporters with the lovely whiff of the train toilet helping to make the experience even more pleasurable ( I know it can be hard to sense tone in text but please detect my intense sarcasm here). After a hellish hour with the hangover drum relentlessly banging the hoards departed the train and I was able to crawl to a seat.

I then had time to reflect on the night before, my morning grumpiness elevated instantly.... what a cracking night the team put on at St Andrews.

Some of you may have heard of the event due to the fact that our future Queen Katherine Middleton once participated as a model in a show while studying at the University. It has been reported that Will first spotted her beauty when she strutted her stuff on the catwalk..... thus the event has become a place of romantic legend.

This year the nominated charity would be Trekstock.Regular readers of this blog will have heard about this particular charity numerous times through the tremendous fashion/music events that their founder and director Sophie Epstone has put on.Via these creative industries they engage with the public, raising awareness and funds for cancers affecting young people.

Wearing my fave Olivia Rubin dress to fit in with the colour theme of the dress code

A scene from my table at the catwalk venue

The winning designs...




I had left my home in Surrey at 7am to make it to Leuchers with just enough time to get my bearings and freshen up before heading to the Lower College Hall. The impressive building would play host to the champagne reception where we would see the first ever winner of the Alfa Romeo Young Designer Award crowned. Attendees included judges Percy Parker and Amy Molyneaux of PPQ( who was sporting extremely cool vibrant red hair) and Alex, the stunning former winner of Britains Next Top Model.

Once announced and I had time to say a quick hello to Kitty (aka Style Slicker),who looked resplendent in a structured peach dress, before tottering tentatively over the cobbles for a superhero-quick change of attire.



So in my pink and white Olivia Rubin dress I made it just in time to jump in the last courtesy car that would take me to the huge marquee containing the reveling students, VIPS and an undoubtedly manic catwalk backstage .

The lovely Jess from the St Andrews Press team maintained her role as the perfect host, making sure myself and the other journalists including some lovely ladies from Tatler and Scotlands No.1 magazine were seated and refreshed with champagne a-plenty.

After a little wait and a subtle parouse of the generous goodie bag the show kicked off, the DJ's pumping beats signaling the beginning of what would be an impressive and varied display of fashion...

Alongside the student designs some of my personal favourite designers had garments grace the catwalk including the aforementioned PPQ, William Tempest and DAGMAR.

Once the catwalk show was over it was time for a spend fest with the auction that would see the students and guests bidding on an array of desirable lots including a Take That song-sheet ( something I would secretly love to own).

After a jaw dropping amount of cash was donated to the worthy cause the party quickly shifted to the 'party' tent where DJ Sebastian Drums was dropping tune after tune for the now quite 'festive' crowd. After a good few hours of boogying with my new friends I left to scoff some St Andrews Curry and Chips ( classy huh) before heading home to bed.

The amount of work that must have gone into putting on a show of such quality and size is absolutely mind blowing and the whole team deserve a massive pat on the back and a well earned rest!!

Thanks to Jamie for the kind invite and a massive congratulations to all involved!

http://www.standrewsfashion.co.uk/

http://trekstock.com/
SHARE:

No comments

© Sophie Eggleton. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig