Thursday, 10 March 2011

Jump in The Sack - Sports Day for Comic Relief

Wednesday night myself and colleague Edward headed to East London and to the amazing Village Underground venue for Cafe Directs 'Jump in the Sack' event for Comic Relief.
The night would see celebs, journalists and us normal folk participate in retro fete antics, most notably a good old fashioned sack race.... Ed managed to get away with being a heckling spectator but I thought I'd get stuck in, even if I have a habit of embarrassing or injuring myself in public are arenas! As well as enjoying the musical delight of Roll Deep and their classic tune 'Green Light', we boogied on down to Matt Horne and Ronnie Joices choices on the decks, while munching on scrumptious homemade cakes and candy floss.....the best accompaniments to beer in my book!

Congrats to Andrew Soar for his part in putting together this cracking night!




New friend Corey from Free Like Birds

Perhaps the most energetic host of all time, Jeff Leach, guiding a pensive looking Philip (aka Pants-man from The Appentice) to the startling line...
Still commanding the crowd...

The lovely Big Brother winner Josie lines up aside against Hollyoaks hottie Gemma Atkinson

Josie struggled in the sack..
It didn't take long for Jeff to lend a helping hand!

The Podium
My dry run in the sack



Time for my race..... Who knew you could look so 'special' in the sack. Despite my second to last place I felt like a winner... there was no injury or face plant and I came away with a lovely rosette... all in aid of a good cause too!


SHARE:

No comments

© Sophie Eggleton. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig