Thursday, 6 October 2011

Peackcocks Press Day






6th October, Oui Rooms , 40 Eastcastle Street

I ventured to the central london venue mainly for the allure of Pearl Lowes designs, which I have coveted since her first range was released. I was predictably smitten by her display and pleasantly surprised by the other affordable delights Peacocks had to offer....



The mainline womenswear collection showcased an array of colour bright pieces. There were bold nautical stripes amongst vivid jeans and belted evening trousers as well as a scattering of prints. There were also a selection of fab party dresses in jewel tones as well as sexy bandeau leather number. Sueddette monopolized the shoe selection via platforms, court, mary janes and ankle boots. And for heel novices the trusty wedge is present via peep toes and boots as is a cute white boat shoe...phew








Feeling under par to say the least I welcomed the opportunity to sit down and relax for a few minutes and indulge in a bit of pampering and girlie chatter. Beauty expect Joanna Newbold took to work on my embarrassingly neglected talons. We opted for a combination of Peacocks grey and a nail wrap, the print taken from one of Pearl Lowes dresses no less.... I have found in the past that some of the shop own varnishes are either to watery, requiring several layers, or gloopy and thick making it tricky to achieve a smooth finish.


While you were there you could have a feather put in your hair. Not something I can honestly say I have yearning for but I am not one to turn down a free treat.... I went for a relatively safe colour that I could hide behind me ear should I feel uncomfortable with the outcome.

When everyone was fawning and gushing over the vision of Kate in Her McQueen Peacocks were quick to release a version of the lace dress. Inevitably it sold out pretty much immediately. Quite wisely they decided to build on this with a selection of celebrity inspired bridal wear. They haven't just recreated affordable versions though, they have put a twist on the orginal much loved designs... a hot pink version of Pippas bottom skimming dress for instance. At around the £40 these would be great for brides who want to slip into something for the evenings boogying and drinking... something they won't mind spilling on or sweating into after a day of trying to stay immaculate in there expensive custom made wedding dresses. They would also work perfectly for alternative weddings, a bare footed beach side ceremony or a quirky vintage inspired do.










Peacocks Boutique has every occasion/party desire covered. To create old Hollywood glamour there are sequins and metallics a plenty with skirts that flare as you twirl. There are ultra feminine neutral and black lace numbers with nipped in waists and full skirts. Colours are both earthy and jewel, including mustard which has been heralded colour of the season. One particularly wearable dress has a lovely nude sheer section which adds a teasy intrigue to a classic black dress.



I could gush for a boring amount of time about Pearl Lowes collection for Peacocks. I don't know how I would pick one standout dress from the range... there is a stunning floral oriental satin one.....

Velvet was everywhere on the catwalk so if you like to keep up with the trends this is a beautiful way to do so.
Monochrome is a wise choice for those who veer on the side of safety
Daisy was papped wearing a sleeveless version of the red lace dress. Mother Pearl was seen wearing it but a few days later.... Wearable for all ages it would appear.






A couple of examples of the stunning embellishment available on a budget. It is quite amazing you can own pieces with such elaborate detailing for such a small pricetag.

Childrens-wear is not my area of expertise yet... thank god... but my ovaries did throb a bit when I saw these adorable dresses inspired by Daisys little sister Betty. I would have adored this collared plum velvet dress when I was a little-un.

Goodie Bag
SHARE:

No comments

© Sophie Eggleton. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig