Saturday, 31 December 2011

Thou Shalt, Thou Shalt Not



Rather than make resolutions I have compiled a list of things to I want to try and try not to do in 2012. They are a mixture of the superficial and frivolous, with the potential life changers. I am not so naive to think I will achieve everything that I want to, but I am at least going to give it a hearty shot.

  • Thou shalt endeavor to see all those people I always promise to catch up with and never seem to find the time to see.
  • Thou shalt get a better work/life balance.
  • Thou shalt try and stop working by midnight - I'm sure glaring at my laptop into the small hours has contributed to years of Insomnia.
  • Thou shalt learn how to spell rythym.... rhythm. Probably quite important as a music journalist.
  • Thou shalt go and say hello to people first rather than put my head down and change direction, fearing that awkward greeting.
  • Thou shalt try and gauge the appropriate greeting more successfully - there have been too many accidental snogs and head crushing hugs this year. 
  • Thou shalt not repeatedly forgive the silly buggers that don't deserve to be given more and more chances.
  • Thou shall spend more time with girls.. I spend so much time with boys I might as well be growing a pair.... plus I'm not sure always being with a group of lads helps the love life potential. 
  • Thou shalt try and make it to New York. It has been my wish for over two decades and as a fashion/music journalist it is surely an essential city to visit. If any NY inhabitants are reading and have a spare room please do get in touch!
  • Thou shalt learn not to worry so much about what people think.
  • Thou shalt be content with the fact that you can't please everyone all the time.
  • Thou shalt try and make it Coachella Festival. Imagine, a festival in the sun.. with palm trees!
  • Thou shalt not read YouTube comments.
  • Thou shalt not get annoyed at the volume of my Dads sneezes.
  • Thou shalt get closer to the dream of buying a flat. 
  • Thou shalt not squeeze my spots or pick at dry skin - Mum you should follow the second, particularly when we are watching TV, it is most distracting!
  • Thou shalt not be so self critical.
  • Thou shalt get my hair trimmed regularly.
  • Thou shalt not be a hermit. 
  • Thou shalt try and eat less and slower. I'm sure wolfing in the manner that I do is not an appealing sight. Below is a good example

  • Thou shalt shave my legs more regularly. 
  • Thou shalt try to draw again.
  • Thou shalt be the best friend I can be.
  • Thou shalt get myself well.
  • Thou shall dance with complete and embarrassing abandon, on a regular basis.
  • Thou shalt say yes to going on dates with men.
  • Thou shalt be more smiley, but not in a creepy way.
  • Thou shalt try to finally get to Australia... to see friends who moved there 10 years ago!!
  • Thou shalt try and wearing matching socks at least once, preferably without holes.
  • Thou shalt brush my hair more regularly so no one sees it fit to call me Bob Marley this year.
 
Bob Marley Hair circa Boardmasters Festival 
  • Thou shalt remember to bring my Odeon card to the cinema.
  • Thou shalt not let people take advantage so much.
  • Thou shalt start flossing. 
  • Thou shalt be one tough cookie.. while trying to maintain a soft centre. 
  • Thou shalt regularly visit the gym I have just joined. I have not  been a member of a gym in 6 years... this one should be interesting!
That is all.... for now


SHARE:

1 comment

Gbird said...

This is amazing! :) x

© Sophie Eggleton. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig