Thursday, 7 March 2013

One Shade of Grey - but multiple ways to wear your EMU tee


EMU Australia is an Australian born and Australian made sheepskin boot brand, continuously producing fashion inspired ranges of footwear and apparel in luxury merino wool and finest Australian sheepskin. I have set about styling up a few ways, using my existing wardrobe, how one can wear one of their wonderfully soft tees.....

Everyone has a shopping destination they rely on for their basics, because they've found the perfect fit the nicest material or the right collar shape etc. For me perfecting the wardrobe staples/basics is one of the most important things you can do for your wardrobe. A simple tee with well fitted trousers will always be a classic look, but items like a neutral tee can also be used as a quick way to give an otherwise dressier look a cool carefree tone.

My first look is a balance of masculine and feminine and casual and dressy. The varsity style bomber is boyish in shape, but the colour way it's silver accents nods to girly tastes. Rather than go down the sports-luxe route I have put my tee over a full skirted layered dress which gives the look a playful girly edge.



I've always had a love affair with a dungaree/overall, but it is an item of clothing that has lead to many a debate. It would appear that a large chunk of the male variety are not keen on dungarees, but many poll and stat have proved that we seek the approval of women when it comes to our fashion choices anyway!!


When you wear a staple basic such as this you can let the other aspects of the ensemble create the drama. I teamed my tee with a neon aztec patterned skirt - for day I combined with a comforting beanie with a pop of pink and my boyish Vans. I changed into my wedges for a more feminine look.





For a simple and effortless feel you could team with loose fit jeans and neutral blazer, but give it a lift via metallic or bright shoes and statement necklace.


A tuxedo trouser should be in every wardrobe, but you don't have to go for a full on tailored look. It can be made less formal when teamed with a basic tee like this EMU one. Apparently the kitten heel is making a return again too so I hunted down my old suede vintage numbers for just a little lift.
SHARE:

No comments

© Sophie Eggleton. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig