I am dreadful at doing anything more complicated than straightening my hair, so I have never tried any of the intricate looking retro looks that I often admire.
I was having a particularly dull day, so thought I'd give one a go under the bracket of 'you never know.'
1. To start with I curled my day old hair (always easier to style slightly dirtier hair) with my GHD's in the usual fashion.
2. I then put the back section of my hair into a simple low ponytail so it was out of the way.
3. Next I divided the front section of my hair in two. I opted for a side parting as I thought a centre would make me look like I was growing horns.
4. I put some curvy grips by the parting of the side I wasn't rolling first - just so hairs didn't get caught up from the wrong side of the parting.
5. I backcombed the side I was going to roll first and sprayed some dry shampoo into the root to give it a manageable texture.
6. Pulling the hair up and away from the skull I then rolled up with hair.
7. Once it lands on the top of the head, manipulate till it looks like a roll you are happy with.
8. Secure with curby grips!
9.Repeat for the other side.
10. Remove the back ponytail and brush through....