Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Ultimate Ears Unveils World’s First Social Music Player: UE BOOM










A few weeks ago I was invited down to Great Portland Street's Verolution store for a UE BOOM party. Working in the music industry I had heard a lot of positive feedback about the product, so I was excited to experience its much spoken about quality (and volume) in person. However I was a bit out of my comfort zone within the chosen venue, which according to the numerous bike enthusaists who also attended the shindig, houses some of the finest bikes and cycling accessories. I never thought I could get excited about such things, that was until I spotted a matt black mountain bike, which could only be describe as sexy. Yes...I said sexy. Who knew?? I think its because it was like a pedal powered version of the Batmobile....I digress. As well as displaying some of his recent artwork within the store, artist Jason Straffon was in situ, customising our gifted EU BOOMS with a letter of our choice. So...what's so special about the BOOM???
 

Artist James Straffon was at the event to customise our gifted UE BOOMs as well as showcasing his latest art collection. One lucky attendee also won a state of the art new customised UE BOOM bike, designed by Straffon.


In May Ultimate Ears introduced UE BOOM, a social music player made to help you play the music you love, not just loud but amazingly good quality - none of that laptop tinny-ness we tend to put up with!  It’s designed to make the most of digital music’s convenience, while making it less of a solitary experience. UE BOOM is the first-ever social music player, a wireless speaker that’s packed with a specific set of features that sets a new standard for listening to music. It’s the first stereo speaker to offer 360-degree sound in a battery-powered device, and features a 15-hour rechargeable battery.

Its sleek and compact design makes it easy transport anywhere, rounded off with specially developed acoustic skin which is both water and stain resistant so you can enjoy your music anywhere you may find yourself, inside or out.

If used to soundtrack your party you may need some extra volume oomph to overpower the chatter and general revelry, but thankfully they have that covered too.  You can wirelessly connect two UE BOOMs together through the free UE BOOM app (available for iOS™ and Android™) to play them in either stereo-to-stereo mode or traditional left/right stereo mode. According to a PR at the launch event, you can do this with up to six BOOM's. My friends in the band YMA6 apparently do this on tour when they want a post gig party on the bus or in their dressing rooms.

ITS LOVE

I now don't know what I did before receiving my custom UE BOOM. My bath-time soaks are now soundtracked by my relaxing classical playlist on YouTube. Not only are my baths extra soothing thanks to the orchestral masterpieces, I no longer have to worry about a water x laptop electrical disaster. I'm trying so desperately to avoid spending money on anything I don't 'need' before Christmas that I'm not allowing myself to buy any new albums from ITUNES - which is a very hard task for a music journalist. Thankfully I can connect to my boyfriends Iphone and enjoy Taylor Swifts new pop delights as we cook up a storm in the kitchen.

Many brands are gifting us with new opportunities to source music - thankfully the 20 year old Ultimate Ears have taken care of how we can digest this music, in the best possible way....

 “The digital age has changed how we listen to our favourite songs and interact with music,” said Rory Dooley, general manager of Ultimate Ears. “While online music services have made it easier to access your music, it's remained a challenge to have an anytime, anywhere listening experience that can be shared with others. UE BOOM solves that problem. Ultimate Ears strives to amplify the social experience of listening to music, bringing people together around the music they love. UE BOOM is designed to bring music out into the world.”

 For more information, please visit www.ultimateears.com.



SHARE:

No comments

© Sophie Eggleton. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig