Tuesday, 28 July 2015

TRIANGL TRIUMPH VS BIKINI BOTHERS

 

When I think of perfect heels I think Manolo, when I think of a classic two piece suit or quilted bag I think Chanel, when I think of amazing sixties prints I think Pucci....when I think of a bikini I think TRIANGL. 

All of my favourite fashion, beauty and travel bloggers have posted pictures of them looking beach perfect in their various TRIANGL bikini's - with backdrops of white sands and azure water. The suits always seem to fit so well, enhancing each of their bodies and making them all look super body confident. The brand's design and aesthetic is so distinctive you can easily spot them on your insta explore page. The fact that so many brands have attempted to copy their most recognizeable sets shows how iconic they've become within this generation of bloggers, selfie takers and image makers. 

I am very conservative when it comes to shopping though, I don't tend to buy designer, particularly  when it comes holiday items, as I  I am so prone to losing, forgetting, damaging, breaking pretty much everything that I come into contact with. It has never made sense for me to spend hundred of pounds on sunglasses I'd eventually squash with my bottom, or bury in the sand, or on a bikini I will stain with a cheap sunscreen or a spilled poolside cocktail. 


I never thought I'd own a TRIANGL bikini for this very reason...then last week I get a lovely email from their blogger outreach saying they'd love to send me one. I couldn't believe it! What a lovely treat ahead of my girly weekend in Marseille. I was so excited to see whether it would do wonders for my body like it seemed to do for all those ladies I'd studied on Instagram....

The next challenge was to choose which style to go for. I never thought I'd have to make this choice, so hadn't prepared myself for how tricky it'd be. 

Their most well known style is probably their structured ones, brightly coloured with the colour panels outlined by black piping. Knowing how hard it is for me to find structured/underwired bras that perfectly fit my boobs I thought that would be a risk, considering I wasn't going to be trying it on first.



To help with this quandary I looked through the beautiful array of ladies on the TRIANGL girls tab on the website and came across bronzed brunette goddess @CELINESCHH in the Chloe (California Coral). After a bit of umming and arring and conferring with my Mum and fella, we decided this was 'the one'. 





You might wander why I faffed and agonised over the choice. There are a few reasons. First of all I have nightmare boobs that fluctuate drastically - they've been B's and they've been weighty E's. At the moment I'm somewhere in the middle, but it could change at any time. This makes buying underwear and bikini's a nightmare. I didn't want to request this beautiful bikini and then not be able to wear it for fear of an escaped nip or for having room for a potato in each cup. It also means that without support they are a bit of a saggy mess, because they've been filled and emptied so many times over the years. Think snooker balls in the end of sock.  I thought if I go for a bikini that you tie at neck and back at least it has some room for adjustment - a good bit of hoisting.

I also know that it won't everyday I get to own something of this quality so I'd like to make the most opportunity and get something I'll adore and wear to death.




Now, for the predominant reason. As a blogger I don't feel comfortable accepting gifts unless I do post instagrams/videos/blogs about the product, which is why I only work with brands or products I genuinley like, love, or have an opinion worth sharing on. Unfortunately this approach and mindset can sometimes mean having to do something which is a bit scary.....in this case posting a picture of myself in a bikini on Instagram. 

For me, so much comes with posting such a shot on Instagram. You put yourself up for scrutiny whenever you put a picture of yourself up, but even more so when exposing the body...you have to prepare yourself for whatever comments or opinions may follow. You also want to promote body confidence to the impressionable youth that will be scrolling through pictures and pondering what is 'normal'. I could go on....You also don't want people to think that because you're posting a picture of yourself in your scanties that you are arrogant or up your own bottom. Isn't it awful that we/I even think like that.....surely we should look at anyone posting a picture of themselves looking happy in their own skin as a positive thing!!







To be honest with you, a few months ago I was feeling a lot less concerned about body shape, size. tone etc, figuring that because I'm no spring chicken my priorities of changed, I have a bit more perspective on things, and know that I'd rather fret about more imporant things....rather than my wobbly bot bot and squidgy thighs. Then I saw some blof picture of myself where the sun shone on my orange peel and really showcased my recent half a stone weight gain. I found myself feeling insecure and down about my lack of fitness. I was annoyed at myself for feeling like that, particularly as I don't exercise and eat a lot of crap. I only have myself to blame. 



Rather than moan and obsess about it and getting increasingly upset by the comments I was getting, I decided to either accept that at my age my metabolism isn't as majestic as it once was and that I'd have to deal with the fact that I'd continue to see changes in my body, or I'd had to start making changes to what and how much I put in my body...and/or start to fit exercise into my daily routine. 

This epiphany happened 3 days before my girly weekend in Marseille, so it was too late to have any impact on the photos I'd end up posting, but even the three mornings of 10 mins Yoga and a couple of 20 minute runs made me feel bit healthier, mentally.




The material of the bikini is thick and robust ( like a wetsuit) and clings to your curves, the strength of the fabric nipping in and lifting where possible. The pants are very brief, but this is great of you are looking to maximise your tan. The baby pink hue also worked great at upping the illusion of bronzed skin. A halter neck is known for being beneficial for those with larger breasticles, so I was very pleased I opted for this design. It definitely helped me to achieve the illusion of full and uppity boobs....my mate even said that my boobs looked perky....my boobs....perky!? Having seen my boobs for the last 15 years looking everything but perky, this made me extremely chuffed, and made me want to give the bosses at Triangl a big ol smooch.




I can't tell you how cringe it is to ask your non blogger holiday friends to take blog pictures for you....hence why I haven't nailed the normal Triangl girl poses. I find it impossible to be sexy as it is, but attempting to schmize and look alluring in front of your gal pal is absolutely mortifying.









I know some people aren't that fussed about aesthetics, packaging, and the bonus superficial stuff, but I have always loved the extra details that go into a product - from a cool but functionable website, to a novelty or surprise gift with a purchase, to a personalised message from the brand, or some rather swish gift wrapping. 

When the package arrived it instantly screamed quality. The top and bottom were separated into their own branded protective plastic sealed bags, and were found within a neoprine drawstring bag in the same design and colour of the bikini. 

So this obvisouly looks great, but it has practical purposes too. Due to the nature of neoprine it is reccommended they are kept flat to avoid creasing and lines in the material. It's also handy if you are having one last beachy moment before heading to the airport, having a thick bag to put your wet swimsuit in.


 Any excuse to put in pictures of darling Rosie






I got the fella to snap me in the bikini on a hot day in the garden the other day, because I predicted I'd find it too awkward to pose in public on my holiday with the girls. So here are some pics where you can see the bikini nice and clearly and I'm not quite as sweaty.











Like Zoe London said in her recent bikini post - finding the right set can go a long way in making you feel happy and confident on holiday. I had never understood my friends that put in some much effort and/or money into buying underwear....but getting the foundations right is so important to how you feel. So if you are only wearing your foundations (lets face it a bikini is pretty much wearing your underwear in public) it will effect how you carry yourself - the smiles will increase, and your self body shaming will decrease. 

I felt so happy in this set because it was right for my body shape - giving me a helping hand where it is needed most. Finding a style that enhances your unique shape and taps into your own style preferences will change everything. I wasn't tarnishing my time away with stresses or insecurities, I was simply concerned with embracing the wonderful location and making gorg future memories with my girls. 

So while I want to say a big thank to my bikini for helping me embrace my beach times whole heartedly, I also want to shout-out to the holiday girls. The people you surround yourself with have a huge impact on how you feel, and being with a bunch of supportive, confidence boosting pals was instrumental in the creation of this happier bikini wearer.











SHARE:

1 comment

sampan_27 said...

I love this, as I've really wanted to see a "one of us" blog posts on the company! the colour looks great on you, and your hair matches which is always a win!
I really think the coral/pink colour suits you. :)

© Sophie Eggleton. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig