Monday, 27 June 2016

EVOLVE BEAUTY: REVIEWED


So the next vegan and cruelty brand I want to spread the word about it the wonderful Evolve, who create handmade products all created in their studio in Herfordshire. 

These artisan producers offer a stunning range of organic and natural skin, body and hair products. Every product they create is hand-crafted using natural and organic oils, butters and natural superfoods sourced from all around the globe.
The products are all made in small batches to ensure they are completely fresh and all the ingredients and their powers are at their optimum level. Now, let's get on with the reviews...

This pure clear serum for normal to dry skin contains 200mg hyaluronic acid per bottle, proven to hydrate skin from within and plump up fine lines and wrinkles. Organic pomegranate extract softens and protects. Delicately fragranced with organic rosewater.
Size: 30ML
99.30% Natural
24.00% Organic

Directions: Apply gently to cleansed face and neck. Follow with a moisturiser or other Evolve treatment.

Ingredients

Hyaluronic Acid can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water making it a highly effective component in moisturisers.
Hyaluronic acid helps to reduce wrinkles, making the skin look younger with an improved skin tone. We use lower molecular weight Hylauronic Acid which penetrated deeper and has more effective hydrating properties. It also increases the production of collagen.
Pomegranate Extract is high in ellagic acid which helps to regulate cell turnover and strengthen the cell membrane therefore limiting water loss and free radical damage.
All Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Rosa Damascena (Rose) Water*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Extract*, Glycerin, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Sodium Sodium Dehydroacetate. *ingredients from organic farming

I've heard great things from my friends and fellow bloggers about this product, so I was really excited to use it. Due to the powers of it's ingredients it sounded like a must-have beauty product for someone of my age (an age which is older than many bloggers/YouTubers - that's all I'm saying) . I'm definitely looking to prevent further ageing and try to rectify some of the existing signs. The Pomegranate extract would encourage my cells to renew, and refresh and the low weight Hylauronic Acid would increase production in collagen - which together would help my face look plumper and fresher.
The first time I used it I liked how my skin felt in the morning, but was disappointed to see quite a few white-heads scattered around my face. I didn't know whether this was a good sign because it was causing bad things to want to leave my skin, or whether it was a sign my skin was reacting badly to it. My skin has been particularly argumentative lately so maybe it just needed a bit of a break from products in general. I tried it a couple more times and the same happened again, but I was so pleased with how the majority of my skin felt. I wonder if this is something you should stick with for a while. Perhaps you have to deal with some bad before you see lots of good. If you don't have acne prone skin but are looking for product that plumps, improves overall texture, and generally makes you skin look a bit better, then I'd still reccommend it, in spite of my slight negative reaction.


This dry body oil is designed to give legs a glossy, high shine finish. Organic Camellia Seed Oil, Bisabolol and Organic Castor oil impart a satiny gloss to the skin without any greasiness. Mineral mica and titanium add sparkle.
Size: 100ML
100.00% Natural
96.60% Organic
Directions: Massage onto legs to reveal a gloosy, shiny finish.

Ingredients

Camellia Oil has high moisture properties and is absorbed quickly by the skin, leaving it supple and hydrated. Camellia oil contains vitamins, A, B, and E which help to protect and nourish the skin.
Bisabolol is extracted from the chamomile plant which is well-known for its soothing properties. It also gives the skin a high shine, glossy finish.
All Ingredients (INCI): Camellia Oleifera (Camellia) Seed Oil*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Bisabolol, Fragrance (Parfum), Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide CI 77499, CI 77891, Tocopherol, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Farnesol, d-Limonene, Eugenol, Linalol. *ingredients from organic farming

 My mum and I love watching red carpet shows on E. Like many people watching these sorts of programmes we turn into Joan Rivers characters, dissecting the outfit choices, hair-dos and beauty looks, as well as trying to read the body language of the couples. Of course there will be odd shocker, but on the whole we find ourselves pretty envious and desperately trying to find a flaw on the seemingly unrealistically perfect A-listers. The one thing we both look at with wonder is the smooth silky legs, the long lithe limbs that almost look like they have a white line painted down the centre because they shine so much. After working in beauty blogger I realise that many wear body foundation, gloss, bronzers....the works. That said, we can't help but marvel at the finished products, particularly when we lift up our PJ bottoms (which we're wearing in the day time) to reveal half inch growth of hair, scales, flaking, ingrown hairs and raise bumps.
Even when I can be bothered to shave my legs (which won't be for a while with this weather and my fella being on tour) my legs are far from that Hollywood aesthetic. They're dull, lifeless and bumpy because of my tendency to grab an old clogged up bic in the bath.
I was desperately hoping this product may be an easy solution, and encourage me to wear more skirts and shorts over the next few months. When you first pump the product in to your hand (or straight on to your leg) it's an alarmingly bright yellow gold. Not a warm classic gold, mor of the gaudy kind. You worry that it might look a bit artificial on the skin, but once you rub it in you see a flattering sheen emerge. Once I had covered both of my lower legs I looked in the mirror and was thoroughly please with the results. My legs looked youthful, silky, and sparkled a bit as I angled the leg to catch the light. I found it made my legs look look more toned and shapely...I guess it's no different to applying highlighter to your face. Limb highlighting if you will. The bonus of this product is that the
Camellia Oil has super high moisture properties and contains vitamins, A, B, and E , so it  will be benefiting your skin each time you use it.

It gets a thumbs up from me, and will be even better when I have a bit of a tan.

This oil based body polish contains fine particles of organic sugar to buff skin to smooth perfection and natural Tahitian coconut Monoi macerated in exotic Tahitian blossoms of Gardenia. Natural sugar extracts gently combine with water to turn the clear balm into a creamy milk that rinses away clean, leaving skin smooth, soft and fragranced with exotic natural hibiscus. Soap free.

Size: 180ML
100.00% Natural
93.03% Organic

Directions: Massage onto dry skin, paying special attentin to elbows and  knees. Apply warm water to transform into a rich creamy milk. Rinse away. Warning: make sure your hands are dry to apply the polish, do not add water into the jar.

Ingredients

Tahitian Manoi, considered the “sacred Oil of the Polynesians”, is made by maceration of thousands of Tahitian Gardenia blossoms into Coconut Oil. It has restorative and anti-oxidant properties. It leaves the skin moisturised, soft and supple.
Sweet Almond Oil, rich in Vitamin A, E and Bs, has high moisturising, emollient and nourishing properties. It is easily absorbed and leaves skin nourished and not tacy.
Organic Sugar buffs away dead skin cells leaving skin super smooth.

All Ingredients (INCI): Sucrose*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycerin*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Oil*, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Water*, Sucrose Laurate, Tocopherol, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Eugenol, Linalol, d-Limonene. *ingredients from organic farming


I think this is my favourite out of the products I was kindly gifted from Evolve. The smells was so divine it made my eyes do that creepy flickery thing - I think they call it ectasy. Fruity without being sickly, it's a wonderfully yummy and summery scent. Much like the Lush lip scrubs it features sugar as the scrubbing element, organic in this instance. It contains enough sugar to make it a very easy task, some exfoliants I have used feature too little of the the grainy element, or a grain that is too small to make a speedy and satisfactory difference. 

I've been using it on my chest and arms mainly because I have been suffering with a lot of bumps on my skin in those areas. It tends to occur every summer, I'm not sure whether it's due to sun exposure or whether the increase in my sweat levels (I'm a very sweaty human) means that the follicles and pores get blocked up. Either way, I figure a twice weekly scrub wull remove dead skin and allow some fresh, hopefully smoother skin to flourish on through. It's not eradicated it, but it's definitely helped. Although it's not a huge problem right now considering I'm having to wear long sleeves and even chunky knitwear in JUNE! (god dammit) However, I am hoping at some point I'll be able to wear some flesh baring summer outfits at some bloomin' point! 

If you wish to use it on your legs do so before you shave. I've always found that these sorts of scrub products can cause a bt of a sting on freshly shaven stems. If you do use it before you will find you post shave legs will look even smoother though, so I fully reccommend you doing so.

Unlike other scrubbing products I've used the smoothing effect of this product has longevity. Many other brands I've used have made me feel touchably soft straight after use, and an hour or two more, but once the oil part of the product is gone it goes back to normal. This always make me wonder whether the product has just created an illusion of smoothness, a mask on top of the truth if you will. With frequent use this product seems to have a genuine and real effect on the condition and texture of my skin, as well as delivery that instant lushness. The fact that it's ingredients are antioxidents and restoritive make me feel like I'm doing my skin a much needed favour...it's had a fair bit of abuse over the years!!

This soft body butter contains nourishing organic shea butter and natural Tahitian coconut Monoi macerated in exotic blossoms of Gardenia. Leaves skin smooth, soft and fragranced with exotic natural hibiscus.
Size: 120ML
100.00% Natural
92.82% Organic

Directions: Massage onto body to reveal silky smooth skin.

Ingredients

Tahitian Manoi, considered the “sacred Oil of the Polynesians”, is made by maceration of thousands of Tahitian Gardenia blossoms into Coconut Oil. It has restorative and anti-oxidant properties. It leaves the skin moisturised, soft and supple.
Shea Butter, the skin superfood extracted from the nuts of the shea tree, is an instant help with dry skin. It is a strong moisturiser and has skin healing properties due to its richness in unsaturated fat, essential fatty acids, Vitamin E and D and provitamin A.
All Ingredients (INCI): Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Glycerin*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Sucrose Laurate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Water*, Parfum (Fragrance), Tocopherol, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Eugenol, d-Limonene, Linalool. *ingredients from organic farming


A Body Butter is something you turn to for a session of indulgence. Perhaps you have a day at home where you are going to languish in your favourite dressing gown or sloggy clothes. Perhaps you'll be watching Netflix in the bath, with scary face mask on, then painting your nails once you've turned pruney....you know those types of evenings. I say this because, butters and rubs are not meant to soak in, you are meant to be able to feel the product on your skin. Imagine it's like a leave in conditioner for the skin.
So after you've rubbed in the product, which takes a bit of work as it's fairly firm and thick, you won't mind that you can still feel/see it. You'll find yourself sniffing yourself and enjoying it immensely, you might even find other people sniffing you, it smells THAT good. 
If used regularly you will find that the combination of Shea Butter (a product we've all loved for years) and Tahitian Manoi will leave you skin incredobly smooth, soft and nourished, and with it's inclusion of Vitamin E helpful in healing or reducing the appearance of scarring.

Thanks so much to Evolve for the products, I love the ethos behind your brand and it's a privelage to help spread the word about a brand that makes their own products, so beautifully.


SHARE:

No comments

© Sophie Eggleton. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig