Thursday, 15 September 2016

OUTFIT POST: NOBODY'S CHILD


I've done a lot of wordy, and fairly draining, emotionally-charged blog posts this week, so forgive me for taking a bit of a break and choosing a short but sweet outfit post for today. 

Today I wanted to showcase this rusty brown and white polka dot dress from the brand Nobody's Child, who I discovered via a friend who was sporting one of their tie tops on Instagram and looking enviously fabulous doing so.




I'm afraid my pictures aren't so fabulous. They were taken straight from a day of sweating and oiling up at the beach...if I was a flavour I'd be sweat and salty. I had changed into my dinner outfit whilst in our little rental car, which was no mean feat let me tell you! Taking off a damp bikini which clings to the body as if it has octobus suckers, is hard enough. Throw in an extra element of difficulty thanks to the bikini being one of those contemporary intricate ones that have an unecessary amount of straps and cut out details and you find yourself in the tangled mess I ended up in. 

This is terrifying enough in a private changing room. You get so worked up and even more sweaty and paniced that you tire yourself out, so absent of energy you think you'll never escape the dress or the changing room. My reality was even more dire...and probably almost illegal.

This clothing entrapment incident couldn't have been further from the Fifty Shades of Grey fantasy of being tied up and restricted...apart from the fact that I too, was without anything covering my lady parts. Essentially I was the naked passenger of a fridge, who only had fabric wrapped or caught round parts of the body that didn't require coverage. 

Si was quite rightly concentrating on the roads, which is a necessity in Kefalonia, as the roads are as windey as my salty barnet, and many of the drivers handle their vehicles as if sozzled with Ouzo.  


But, after flashing a few drivers and passers by (in Kefalonia there's a lot of old men walking on the side of the steep and long roads, it's very odd) I wasfinally in my new wrap dress, which was now sadly rather crumpled and far from it's best.


What attracted me to this dress at first glance was the colour-way. It's ever so easy to find black and navy polka dot pieces, but it's quite rare to find one in this lovely summery but also autumnal hue. I had always wanted one with a brown tone since watching Julia Roberts treading in those divots at the Polo in Pretty Woman.


Wrap dresses are wonderful for those with larger chests too. I know I'm no Samantha Fox (or a more recent reference) but they are going through one of their bigger stages at the moment. They tend fluctuate a lot according to my hormones, menstrual cycle, and dedication to snacking, and at the moment are at a sold D. 


I don't really like to show my boobs too much - I don't know why - so I did find the cut of this dress to be a bit too boobalicious for me. I think when I wear it next I will likely wear a little strap top or even a white tee underneath to protect my modesty a bit. I didn't have either to hand due to my changing room being the car, so I just wrapped it round my bra strap a few times tighten and lift it.


I teamed with my big straw hat from HM and my turquoise rimmed glasses from Urban Outfitters to give it that retro feel ( and to distract from my overly beachy appearance).


Many of you may not know about the brand, but there's something super cool about them I want you to know, so I'm going to pop in a bit of text I grabbed from their website...


Nobody’s Child is a London-based fashion brand with a very simple belief:
that fast fashion doesn’t have to be synonymous with low quality or questionable manufacturing practices.
But we’ve always known that being an ethical brand would involve more than good intentions alone; it would require planning and infrastructure. Which is why, for the past ten years, we have been building our supply and production capabilities, putting everything in place so that today we weave and dye our own fabrics, design and produce our own prints, and make our garments in our own factories.
It’s because we control the entire process, that we can keep costs down and quality high - without having to compromise on our ethical standards.
We own factories in the UK, Europe and Asia. Our knitting plant, dye house, print facility and distribution centre are all based here in the UK. We design all of our clothes in our central London atelier and we shoot our imagery in our own photographic studios.


I've just had another splurge on the site so I'll show you some new NB offerings soon if you're interested....


I'm going to pop in the vlog from the day these shots were taken here, so you can get some context.

 

What do you think of this look?


SHARE:

No comments

© Sophie Eggleton. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig