Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Halloween Make up: Glitter Tears


I had a rather angry allergy/acne break out last week, but luckily I've managed to recover it at a pretty good rate, so I don't want to put it at any risk of a relapse. 
This means, that you won't be getting any full on Halloween looks, because face paints are a bit heavy duty for my reactive skin. 
It doesn't mean that I don't have anything of the edgy or dark variety to offer you this spooky month though. 
I just uploaded this look to my channel it's a basic grunge look with a bit of a twist. The twist being the addition of glitter tears. 



This was actually unplanned. I was just going to do a gothic black lipstick look (which I'll post about soon) but thought I'd carry on filming as I experimented with a gold glitter pot, just in case I managed to create a look that worked for my more wearable take on a  Halloween tutorial.


Okay, admittedly calling this look 'wearable' may be pushing it a bit, I don't exactly seem many(any) of your walking down the high street sporting sparkling tear streams on your face, but it is definitely on the prettier and less drastic side of Halloween beauty.


So minus the glitter, as I said earlier, you can see a lot of the traditional grunge/goth hallmakes - dark lipsticks, orange/red eyeshadow and oodles of black liner.


Anyone else feeling a bit CBA about Halloween. I don't know, it just seems to creep up on you (pun intended) and I just don't have time to faff about costumes and such-like - although I have found the time to get some sweets in for the trick of treaters (of course hoping that no one will come and I can gorge on them all). Don't get me wrong I can see the appeal for sure, particularly as someone who loves movies and the edgier side of beauty, but I just don't feel excited enough about it to prioritise it over the other things on my To Do List. Luckily there's loads of bloggers posting up wonderful and creative make up tutorials, halloween baking videos and fashion looks, so your have plenty to get your inner caldron stirred up.



Let me know if you recreate this look. Even better, tag me in any pictures of you attempting a look like this or similar - @sophieeggleton



SHARE:

1 comment

Nicole Baxter said...

So stunning. I did one of theses but the tears were a lot more in the face than yours however I really like it with the smaller glitter. I'm glad it's not just me that isn't the biggest fan of Halloween!

Coleoftheball xx

© Sophie Eggleton. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig